1. It is the activity of understanding moral values
2. It resolves the moral issues and justifies moral judgments
3. It would refer to the set of specific moral problems and issues related to Engr.
Which of the above statements are correct?
Engr Ethics is the study of decisions, policies, and values that are morally desirable in Engr practice and research. Engr Ethics is the activity and discipline aimed at
- Understanding the moral values that ought to guide engineering profession or practice
- Resolving moral issues in engineering
- Justifying the moral judgments in engineering
- It deals with set of moral problems and issues connected with engineering.
Senses of Engr Ethics:
There are two different senses (meanings) of Engr ethics, namely the Normative and the Descriptive senses.
The normative sense includes:
- Knowing moral values, finding accurate solutions to moral problems, and justifying moral judgments in Engr practices
- Study of decisions, policies, and values that are morally desirable in the engineering practice and research
- Using codes of ethics and standards and applying them in their transactions by engineers.
The descriptive sense refers to what specific individuals or groups of engineers believe and act, without justifying their beliefs or actions.