- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Acoustics, Audio Sciences, Physics or a related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Acoustics, Artificial Intelligence, ASIC Design, Computer Architecture, Circuit Design, Design Verification, Digital Design, Embedded Systems, Hardware/Software, Machine Learning, Mixed-signal Circuit Design, Programming, Signal and Power Integrity, Statistics, System Modeling, Test/Measurement and/or Verilog.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Acoustics, Audio Sciences, Physics or a related field and returning to a degree program after the internship ends.
- – Experience in two or more of the following areas: Acoustics, Analog-Mixed Signal Circuit Design, ASIC Design, Beamforming, Computer Architecture, Design Verification, Digital Design, DSP, Electronic Design Automation, Embedded Systems, FPGAs, Halide, Hardware/Software Co-design, Hardware System Integration, ML and AI, Microarchitecture, Mixed-signal Circuit Design, ML techniques in ASIC design optimization, Programming, Signal and Power Integrity, Signal Processing, SONAR Physics, Statistics, Systems Performance Evaluation, System Modeling, Test/Measurement and/or Verilog.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can’t just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we’ve got to make it ourselves. As a Hardware Developer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world’s largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
The teams you will work with design, develop and deploy next generation consumer hardware while ensuring that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. You’ll work closely with engineers to improve our hardware to meet Google’s standards of quality and reliability. Your work will have the potential to impact many of Google users. Depending on your experience, you may have an opportunity to work on a project in ASIC Hardware/Software Engineering, Electrical Hardware Engineering, Hardware Test Engineering, Formal Verification Engineering, Silicon Engineering or Acoustics.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Perform specific responsibilities which vary by project area.