- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related technical field (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Security etc.).
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages: C++, Java, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for 13 weeks or more.
- Returning to a full-time degree program upon completing the internship.
- Knowledge of two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design, Operating system internals and hardening, Web application and browser security, Security assessments and penetration testing, Authentication and access control, Applied cryptography and security protocols, Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics, or Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
- Knowledge of attacks and mitigation methods.
- Authorization to work in Switzerland.
About the job
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google’s internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We’re back-end experts, protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
There’s no such thing as a “safe system” – only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google’s users and developers. As a Security Engineer Intern, you’ll help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work with a broad range of devices, actively monitoring our systems for attacks and intrusions. We focus on the offensive/testing side and work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities. We also build tools, scripts and other automation to help our project teams achieve Google-scale impact.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Responsibilities may vary by area.