- Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field.
- Experience in conducting user research.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting, including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Understanding of the durability and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
About the job
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: Focus on the user and all else will follow. We’re ardently interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers, Copywriters and Web Developers who collaborate closely with each other, and with Engineering and Product Management, to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
UX Researchers meticulously cultivate an understanding of what people need and want from our products and services, while also evaluate user experience. In this role, you’ll conduct independent research, analyze real user behavior, and work with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers in order to improve our product features and develop new ones. Your work will span across all of Google’s products, and you’ll be encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to connect users to the magic of our products, and your job will be to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and conduct user studies in order to gauge the usability of new and existing Google product features.
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for changes based on your findings.
- Communicate with team members throughout the process.