TO LAUNCH SOMETHING NEW YOU NEED A GOOD PLAN
If you want to start working towards a new endeavor, it stands to reason that you need to plan carefully. Very few ideas go from 0-100 with no hurdles along the way. A plan helps you stay on track and identify any challenges that may stand in your way. This is also the case when working in your current job. You need to know how to act and what not to do in order to generate opportunities for improvement.
Of course, as a new employee, it’s down to you to also plan carefully for your unique project and what comes next. You can do that with a few easy steps.
Understand what your manager expects from you and ask questions if it isn’t clear. Sometimes managers just expect you to know, but you’re not psychic!
• Explore different ways you can help the company to meet its objectives. Be proactive, ask for extra responsibility
• Introduce yourself to different people and ask to learn more about their role
• Ask questions of your new colleagues and be sure to listen to the responses
• Stay out of any cliques or conflicts. Nothing good will ever come of involving yourself with drama or gossip
• Set short-term goals to keep you on track during the first few months. Work towards achieving them and then set new goals
• Meet your deadlines to show your manager that you are a reliable employee
• Be punctual at all times, again to show your manager who you are and what you’re about. Sometimes the basics are the most important things
Very few people go into a new job and have this mindset. They’re too focused on being the new person to someone everyone is familiar with. If you want to make sure you succeed in your role and look towards future promotional opportunities, a plan is what you need.
“Think Like an Entrepreneur, Act Like a CEO” includes 50 tips to help you be as successful as it’s possible to be. Throughout this summary, we’ve summarized some of the most useful. You’ll learn exactly how to develop your career into something you can be proud of and fulfilled by. Is that something you’re keen to learn more about? If so, read on!